Spring has sprung and summer is here. That means bathing suits, beach reading, fruity drinks and So You Think You Can Dance!
The show is back and so are my reviews! Before I start with my thoughts on the highly anticipated Vegas Week, let’s talk about the two BIG changes this year.
1) Stage vs. Street – While I’m still unclear as to how this is truly going to work, I love the fact that they separating the two categories. This will truly allow everyone to shine. And I’m excited to watch the street performers battle while the best of the stage dancers get to dance with their equals. And I hope this means Yaya will make it to the Top 20. She is definitely one of my faves! Speaking of faves, I love we will see more Twitch and more Travis Wall.
2) New Judges – Paula over Mary Murphy and Jason Derulo? Come on! I understand Paula herself is a dancer but I’m gonna get tired real fast of her same old nice comments. I like it when the judges are more critical. And that goes the same for Derulo. At first I thought man, this is going to be a disaster but then he spoke and it was pretty helpful and profound, but then he used the same old tricks and vocabulary for every dancer. This does not bode well for the show.
So You Think You Can Dance: Season 12
Vegas Call Backs No. 1
- Spending the time with the married couple was not necessary. More dancing less drama!
- Love Twitch saying Team Street might be all female. There are so many outstanding street dancers that I’m super excited about!
- I don’t understand why Jacey (stage) was cut. The girl who nearly lost her leg in a car accident. I thought she did a great job.
- Jessica by far is my favorite street dancer. (Aside from Ya Ya – where is she?)
- There she is, she made it through the first round, YAY!!
- I’m really rooting for Steven the nerdy animator who’s parents have never seen him dance. His dance for his life solo wasn’t as good as his audition solo though. I’m really sad he doesn’t make it through. I feel like the judges just didn’t like him not that he was bad.
- I like it when the judges and choreographers push the dancers. They don’t just let them slide by or get through at least not with out a fight. It’s not an easy process.
- However, sometimes I also feel like Vegas Week is just a big popularity contest. Who the judges know and like better rather than based on talent. Not to say good/great/incredible dancers make it through, but sometimes I feel like the kids that are eccentric or weird are getting rejected by the “popular kids”.
- Did Ya Ya make it through the 2nd round? My DVR cut out for a brief moment. Hopefully she did!
- I love me some Twitch, but he’s definitely playing favorites.
That’s all for this week! See ya next week for Part 2 of Vegas Week!