3 Best Quotes By Tina and Amy (plus two more)
1. Tina: “George Clooney married Amal Alamuddin this year. Amal is a human rights lawyer who worked on the Enron case, was an advisor to Kofi Annan regarding Syria and was selected for a three-person UN commission investigating rules of war violations in the Gaza strip. So tonight, her husband is getting a lifetime achievement award.”
2. Amy: “In Into the Woods, Cinderella runs from her prince, Rapunzel is thrown from her tower for her prince and Sleeping Beauty just thought she was getting coffee with Bill Cosby.”
3. Amy: “Big Eyes is nominated tonight. In fact, one of those famous “Big Eyes” paintings is on display tonight. Let’s check it out.” Cut to: Emma Stone
Amy: “So lifelike!”
Tina: “It’s cute but it’s creepy.”
4. Tina: “It took Steve Carell two hours to prepare for his role in Foxcatcher, including hair and makeup. For comparison, it took me three hours to prepare for my role tonight as human woman.”
5. Tina: “Who would you rather: Colin Farrell or Colin Firth?”
Amy: “Farrell, all day!”
Tina: “Firth, for a polite amount of time.”
3 Shocking Wins
- Matt Bomer for Best Supporting Actor in a series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture made for TV. Don’t get me wrong, I love Matt Bomer. LOVE HIM. How can you not? He’s gorgeous, smart, humble and so kind. But with Fargo getting all these wins I was sure Colin Hanks or even veteran Bill Murray was going to take it. Bomer was a welcome, welcome surprise.
- Gina Rodriguez for Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical. I wanted Gina to win. I really wanted her to but I was almost positive Julia Louis-Dreyfus was going to take it. When they announced she had won I was probably just as shocked as everyone else was. And I admit, I got a tad bit emotional over her speech. So good! (Bonus, her dress was STUNNING!)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel for Best Motion Picture, Musical, or Comedy. I thought for sure Birdman was going to take it.
3 Most Awkward Moments
- Anything involving Margaret Cho. I mean really? Really dressing her up as a Korean Diplomat awkward. Then bringing her out not only once, but twice? Super awkward. Especially when she spoke in a fake not even Korean accent. Super duper awkward.
- Bill Cosby. Look, I don’t know what’s going on with the dude and the Into the Woods, Sleeping Beauty Joke was offensively hilarious, but then to go on mimicking his voice and kind of beating the dead horse with a stick…super uncomfortable.
- Jeremy Renner telling Jennifer Lopez she has nice “globes.” I mean ok, she does, really, if I had a body like hers I’d probably flaunt it too, but still to say it after the winner is announced and in an awkward way…CRINGE!
Tina and Amy killed the opening monologue and I’m sad that it’s their last year hosting. That being said, I wished they were on stage more. This ceremony ran super long. But I love that the winners were expected, and different people won for different categories. Overall the ceremony was a success. What were your favorite parts?